Speedtest results are subjective to various factors - some Speedtest servers are optimal and have superior bandwidth, therefore yielding better results. Others, not so much...
Following these steps should yield optimal speed test results:
- Temporarily change your Syfer Security level to “Moderate” as “Strong” enables IPS which could add overhead for your Speedtest.
- If you want to run Speedtest while the VPN is on, turn Privacy to Strong. Please wait 30 seconds before you run the test.
- Open https://www.speedtest.net/ and try various Speedtest servers. Try to select servers with closer proximity to the VPN location that your Syfer is connected to.
- Always use the multi-connection option.
- Try alternative speed test sites such as fast.com for comparison.
Please remember that every network device on the path to the internet could bottleneck your bandwidth. When Tunnelshaper is enabled, your streaming services are NOT routed through the VPN tunnel and therefore are not capped by VPN speeds. This means that you can watch Netflix without concerning yourself with overhead and buffering.